The "good" old days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

Recently I have noticed a couple threads disappear and posts questioning the disappearance go unanswered. Is there a problem?

I'm not sure what posts you are responding to. What was the subject and where were they located?

I started a post (I believe in this forum) on the ressurection of Genesis this weekend. After a couple responses (including one from a moderator) it disappeared. I questioned the disapperance and that also diasppeared. A second questioning went unanswered. No public or private feedback on any kind. A thread disappeared this PM on "Bad Business Practices" as I was watching it. Again, no explaination, just gone. Four hour later and still just a black hole.

No problem...

One thread you were active in was removed and the originator was notified of it's removal.

You started a thread and apparently something has erased the history... possibly our upgrade. You should have been notified of it being removed and why. As it is, you can expect a PM from me on this in a few.

It is good form when a thread goes missing to assume that it is gone for a reason. Making that assumption, it would also be goof form to PM a moderator or higher and ask as to what's going on. We have always made it a policy to keep our interactions with our users confidential.

Sounds reasonable. I do not belive the thread I had stared touched any TOS considerations though it was a somewhat sensetive subject. But I know SW problems were being deal with. On the thread about business practices, I believe I can guess why it might have been pulled. But it seems to me that the contributors to that thread deserve some type of a suitable explaination. A mind is a terrible thing to leave wander.

Thanks

As a general rule we inform the originator of the thread only when a thread is removed. Determining which posters are an integral part of the topic or who should be updated if it is removed would be an arduous task on a 5+ page thread. Clearly we do our best to be sure those critically involved know if they ask (as is the case here) but please remember that we don't necessarily know who wants to know. Thanks for your understanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom