The Fred Hotel - Frederiksted, St. Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

queennyac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone
Was thinking about booking at The Fred in Frederiksted.....but when I was on-line at the Fred web-site (or so I thought) I was typing back and forth with Ashley (Front Desk Person) and was asking about rates, etc. - told her I wanted to book via phone as I don't like doing credit card transactions over the internet....anyway she gave me a phone number to call and then when I went back to the web-site I saw a different phone number...and when I went back to the on-line chat with Ashley and asked her why the phone number was different than what she told me, she said she had no idea there was a differnet phone number on the web-site (the phone number on the web-site said it was a toll-free number)....anyway, was wondering if this was a scam?? Was the chat a scam or was the web-site phone number a scam??? Any insight on this??? Thanks!!!

I would call the number of the web page and say you were chatting with Ashley and would like to speak with her about reservations. Tell her something unique in the chat so you can verify it is the same person.

Many business have multiple phone numbers. Sometimes phone numbers published on web pages and elsewhere are unique so you can generate metrics about where the leads were generated. Back in the day I worked for a Yellow Pages company and we did it all the time. The number published by us forwarded to the company's actual number, but we could show how many calls were generated by people looking in our book.

We booked The Fred for one night prior to our trip on the Juliet this coming Feb/March. I chatted online with Ashley and someone else, and then called the phone number to give credit card, no issues. I would do like the other poster here says, should be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom