The diving season is open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grocio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, the diving season in the Netherlands was open today. Let me be clear: you can dive every day of the year, if you so wish. But today it was the day chosen by dive schools nationwide to make the first dive of the spring/summer season (at least that is what I was said). In any event, by coincidence it was also the day in which I dove for the first time in this country after thirteen years living here.
I went to a salt lake called Oostvoorne, where there's little to see beyond little crabs and a few fish. Although the water was very cold for my preference -6 grades- the experience was worth doing: now I know I will keep diving in the country -there are many other sites around-, while I wait for my periodic warm-water destinations. Even if the water is cold and the life is far from being impressive, it's always nice to be under water, it's always good to train your skills and learn new ones, and it's always 'gezellig' to have drinks with your dive mates by way of conclusion.

I plan dives in Zeeland for ages, maybe this year I can do some...

Back
Top Bottom