The Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamccarthy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
* * PLEASE HELP! End the Brutal Killing of More Than 20,000 Dolphins Every Year in Taiji Japan * *
The Cove | TakePart - Inspiration to Action
YouTube - The Cove Trailer

I'm sure many of you have already watched "The Cove"...but if you haven't, please do. As educated and caring divers, I'm sure you want to be aware of injustices done to creatures of the ocean realm. This documentary moved me and I'm sure it will move you. The Cove | TakePart - Inspiration to Action will take you to a petition to sign if you choose. They have until September 1 to gather 1 Million signatures and are close but still need our support. This petition will go to President Obama. Frankly... I would like it to go to Oprah and Ellen Degeneres...as I think they would get the party started faster to take this operation down. Anyway...please watch the movie...if you don't have time...watch the cliff notes (trailer) on youtube that I've posted. It will give you the gist of what's going on with less detail...then sign.

PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW & SPREAD THE AWARENESS!!!!

THANK YOU!
:kiss2:

I bought 'The Cove' on DVD yesterday... looking forward to watching it tomorrow, even if I anticipate it won't be a cheerful experience.

The Cove | Facebook

Join the facebook page

I watched the Cove, and if it did one thing, it steeled my resolve to do whatever I could do as a mere individual to help end that senseless slaughter. I definitely won't be going to any park that has dolphins, even if they were obtained properly, because so long as there is a demand for dolphins, there will people who will obtain them improperly. This is detailed in the Animal Planet series Blood Dolphins, which should be available on most On Demand outlets.

But when I got done watching The Cove, all I felt was utter, sincere anger. Sort of like when i think about the Antarctic Whaling. I am most definitely not a huge fan of Whale Wars or Sea Shepherd. I feel like Paul Watson is a bumbling fool, but presently, hes the only one down there fighting to save the whales from additional killings. So if I'm going to spend money on a cause, its going to go to the group who actually shows up. Which certainly excludes Greenpeace these days. But I send money to the Cove Guardians as often as I can.

Back
Top Bottom