The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to know about the viz too. Planning to dive saturday. Let us know if you find out

As you know it varies through the course of a dive there. Pretty good when we got in about 40 minutes early. around 20--then later, as the tide changed and flushed Lake Worth (looked like a dust cloud aproaching from the perspective of under the fishing pier) dropped to maybe 10 feet--sooooo, average of 15. Water temp. 82 F.

We saw an Eagle Ray, gigantic puffer under the fishing pier rubble, the best single view today was a gaggle of small lobsters with a big Peppermint Shrimp cleaning. They were between legs in a narrow space maybe 3 inches wide on the big bridge with nice sunlight on'em--pretty.

:cheerleader:
They are a threat to juvenile indigenous species.

I urge you to kill any you see.

We looked yesterday, couldn't find'em--maybe they got hooked, or taken by that giant puffer I saw--it DID have a weird looking mouth!!!

Plop, Plop, Fiz, Fiz, or maybe they went off with some lowers!!:blessing:

LOST Sea Quest weight integrated pocket somewhere between the west swim area to under the Sumar et al & then south side of the big bridge.

Dove the west side with friends I have been trying to get to the bridge for a long time. Viz was ~ 15 & murky esp when the rain came down. When the sun was out it was a great dive with improved viz & 82 degrees for water temp.

High tide looks to be around 10 AM on Saturday, anybody going?

yikes. I need to dive, otherwise I have no excuses to not clean the house! :rofl3:

Diving the 8:40 hight tide at the bridge tonight- bet it will be darker then usual.. Anyone out today have a vis report?

We were there this moring. :depressed:Viz was maybe 2 ft and that is generous. Everyone I noticed got out in a few minutes, many left without getting in. They say there is dredging at the inlet and port. Lots o' sand suspended made me think that's the problem--so, it might not clear until that's done....We planned on going tomorrow NAH!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom