The cave divers who went back for their friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but a fantastic article from the BBC about a deep cave body recovery. It's a bit long, but pretty gripping. And with unusually good attention to diving detail for a journalistic piece.

The cave divers who went back for their friends

yes its a must see movie for all serious divers.

Excellent movie very touching and definitely a must see, lots of respect for these divers.

Very touching article.

I enjoyed both the article and the movie. I've actually watched the movie a couple of times. Picked up a few more details I missed the first time around. Amazing story.

In the article they say that the 2nd group did follow the first one after 2 Hours. Its been a while since i saw the movie but didn’t the 2nd group enter from the other side?

In the article they say that the 2nd group did follow the first one after 2 Hours. Its been a while since i saw the movie but didn’t the 2nd group enter from the other side?

That was part of what confused me my first time watching, and my only complaint about the film. They didn't do a great job of laying out the timeline of the original dive. In the original dive, where the two divers were lost, both groups left from the same location (the frozen lake), 2 or 3 hours apart. In the recovery dive, the two groups left from opposite ends, one from the lake and one from the cave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom