The catalina trip thread has me wondering...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebri

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
in looking at scuba science's website, they've got a two-day trip this weekend on the Sand Dollar. did it go????
Also, they've got a three-day trip scheduled (at least on the website) for October 16-19, and November 27-30. The great escape website doesn't show any of this, in fact, it shows California diving company and reefseekers on the october dates, and an open boat right smack in the middle of the November dates.

Is Scuba Sciences, in fact, GOING there those weekends, and whose website is incorrect?
Edited to add: Here's the link the the great escape calendar: http://www.diveboat.com/great_escape_dive_calendar.shtml

Scuba Sciences has a one day beach (Catalina Dive Park)/one day boat (Sand Dollar) this weekend. It did go.

The other trips you referenced are for the Scuba Sciences to go on the Sand Dollar.

The website you referenced is for the Great Escape....different boat.

Karen

in looking at scuba science's website, they've got a two-day trip this weekend on the Sand Dollar. did it go????
Also, they've got a three-day trip scheduled (at least on the website) for October 16-19, and November 27-30. The great escape website doesn't show any of this, in fact, it shows California diving company and reefseekers on the october dates, and an open boat right smack in the middle of the November dates.

Is Scuba Sciences, in fact, GOING there those weekends, and whose website is incorrect?
Edited to add: Here's the link the the great escape calendar: Great Escape Southern California Scuba Dive Boat Calendar

Right shop, wrong boat.:D
In my 11 year association with Scuba Sciences, there has been 300+ California trips scheduled, and I'm aware of only two that didn't go, and there's been more than a few that were not money makers because of low diver count, but they still went with a full compliment of staff.

Man, I've got to quit drinkin' so much diet pepsi. My mind ain't right lately. :dork2:

there's been more than a few that were not money makers because of low diver count, but they still went with a full compliment of staff.

i thought those guys always made money :poke:

i thought those guys always made money :poke:

They're still in business for sure.:eyebrow:
It took more than 12 divers to break even on a trip, I've been on several winter trips with 9-12 divers, that's including the 4-5 non paying staff, wasn't good for business but it sure was great for customers and staff.

They're still in business for sure.:eyebrow:
It took more than 12 divers to break even on a trip, I've been on several winter trips with 9-12 divers, that's including the 4-5 non paying staff, wasn't good for business but it sure was great for customers and staff.

I'm sure from customer stand point it was really great, just poking fun. Gotta laugh ya know :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom