The Boss must be happy with us.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The FTO's (Field training officers), SRU (basically SWAT) and a couple of others wear the insignia on their uniforms above their nametags.

But the Dive Team has always been the ******* children not being authorized to wear anything to ID us with the team.

Well we let it drop several years ago and haven't pushed the issue. Today he just did it. He called and the pins are ordered and are to be worn above our nametags and service pins.

Then in the same breath some of us got a promotion. Incert all the cuss words you feel appropriate here. Promotion? I don't want no stinkin promotion. To the tune of Badges, We need no stinkin badges.

I had the stripes a long time ago and gave them up. I want to work the streets not push a flippin desk. What this does is takes all of us with over ten years and puts a stripe on the uniform. The official title, "Senior Deputy". Sense we don't have corporals we will fill that position.

So we get stripes but stay out of the office. YAHOOOOOOO. I could care less. Not that I’m not grateful or appreciative I just could care less about stripes. I have bigger stuff to worry about. Like the team;^)

Gary D.

When I see promotion I think more $$$$.

More what you say? What does $$ mean?

Gary D.

Gary, I have seen a lot of people substitute $$ for some "bad words" here. I think it is safe to say that you will be getting more $$ on the job!

---*smiling*----

Wristshot

Well, I'm just asking. When I was in the Navy, I got a "promotion" but I didn't get a pay raise to go with it for 9 months. Some bosses think it increases your self esteem to give you a better title, but are too stingy to back it up with some extra bucks.

No extra cash just to ID the Senior Deputies. Around 75% of our patrol devision has under 10 years which sucks.

Gary D.

Gary: Cool! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom