the best non-wreck diving in Norway?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, coming to Norway for 5 days of diving this June. I'm not much into wrecks so trying to figure where would be the best place to do some nature dives. Any suggestions are welcome?
PS: did hear about Saltstraumen but only 10 of my 300 dives were done in a drysuite so I thought I'd do that one on my next trip and would look for easier dives during this one :)

Where are you flying in? The further West and north you get, the better it is. Gulen has both wrecks and nature, Stømsholmen also on the West coast is quite famous.

Not too many commercial diving centers around, so if ur not travelling with a buddy, you have to look up local divers or clubs :D

Hi tacky thanks for reply. I'm flying in to Oslo but then I'm free to fly to anywhere I want in Norway. Coming with no buddy unfortunately, and expected to hire a guide in a local dive shop as a teammate but looks like it doesn't work that way in Norway, right? Any suggestions as to where to get some guided diving?

If you wanna go diving in Oslo or on the east coast of Norway, your best bet would be to go with dive clubs, either the local clubs or the clubs connected with the dive shops.

If that's what you wanna do, I'm sure i could help you, but diving in the Oslo area is quite inferior to the West and North coast.

Why not try Gulen? I haven't been there myself yet, but it's recommended by many Norwegian divers and they organize diving trips so you'll be well taken care of. You could fly to Bergen from Oslo and from there it's not too much of a hassle to get there.

- Gulen Dive Resort er stedet for opplevelser...

Just wanted to give you another option which might be more budget friendly, a bit further north, ndive.no

They seem to be oriented towards guided diving as well, if that's your thing.

Happy diving!

Thank you for suggestions, tacky! Gulen is fully booked for my dates, I'm talking to Stomsholmen dive center now.

Kristiansand is about four hours (south) from Oslo and has good diving. Both nature and wrecks. I prefer the wrecks but also like the location because you can always find a calm place to dive even in bad weather. I know of a few diving centers located there but have never tried any of them.
One Ocean Dive Center Norway

Hi, I've just moved to Oslo, never dived in cold water (or a dry suit). I need some help and advice but most importantly I really need a dive buddy! Please get in touch if you can point me in the right direction. I've been diving for years fairly regularly in warm water so its time to adapt to the local climate, thanks
Laura

Hi Laura, there are plenty of diving clubs in this area. I don't have access to a car right now, but if you do I'd be happy to buddy up with you.

Thanks tacky it would be great to get an introduction to a club and have a buddy thats local. I need some time with a dry suit, im angry with myself for leaving it this long to use one. How often do you dive? I havent been in the water for a couple of months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom