The Assimiliation Continues, Part 3... Wing arrived! The rest should roll in tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm going on a 2.5 day dive trip this weekend - so I ordered my first BP/W rig that is supposed to arrive by Thursday.

My Pioneer wing rolled in, with the tank bands and super cam buckles.

Question: How do I tell its the 36# and not the 27#? There are literally no markings on it. Do the blue bellows distinguish between the two?

I'll have a lot more questions tomorow when the BP, harness, pack and ACB roll.

Pretty excited.

Blue bellows means you have a 36lb wing. The 27lb wing has no bellows at all.

Haven't seen a 45lb wing to compare, but they're pretty rare anyway.

Did you get the ACB20 or ACB30 (ACB or ACB+)?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Blue bellows means you have a 36lb wing. The 27lb wing has no bellows at all.

Haven't seen a 45lb wing to compare, but they're pretty rare anyway.

Did you get the ACB20 or ACB30 (ACB or ACB+)?
The 45lb wing looks like an African Elephant...that someone painted black..and covered with nylon...and affixed a Halcyon label to...

Fed Ex is hacking me off.... they traced it to Orlando on Feb 1 and nothing else. Its supposed to be here tomorrow...it better be.

Anyway - I got the 20#. I wear 20# with my DUI 50/50 and that fluffy Black Diamond with my HP Steel 100. So I'm thinking if I take 6 off with the SS BP, I'll need at most 14...likely less as I'm sure that BD was quite bouyant.

This thing is more like a nylon horse coller with tank band slots - not too elephant or rhino like.

Against the better wishes of several, I may add a bead to the dump...I haven't tried the UP OK method, but it seems quite easy to miss. I like having it on the left.

No Tie-Wrap on the inflator - I like that. The fill hose is pretty substantial - this thing probably fills in a moment.

This should be interesting.

K

happy with my current light. Don't need th balast, and its just too much for to pay for a LHMS (long hose management system).

Cool link, but not for me.

K

NiMH canisters can't really be considered ballast like an old sealed lead-acid battery canister - in the water it weighs less than a pound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom