The appropriate drysuit undergarment for 10C-15C?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Nygren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to drysuit diving, I purchased a whites tech fusion with the fusion thermal undergarment. I did my first drysuit dives in Silfra Iceland this April. The thermal fusion undergarment was great, it kept me warm in 2C. I am now going diving in Cape Town/Durban this May and expect temperatures around 10C-14C in Cape Town and 13C-18C in Durban. What would be appropriate undergarments for those temperatures? Would the thermal fusion undergarment be way to warm? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

John.
This is difficult to answer because everyone has a different tolerance to cold. I use a 400g thinsulate with a 4th Element Xerotherm as a wicking layer. When air temperatures are > 24C it can be uncomfortable for a while but I'm never that warm in temperate waters.

A lot of UK divers would be wearing Xerotherm Arctics in the temperature range you mention so that might be an option for you.
I'm not familiar with the Whites undersuit to comment but I'd rather be too warm on the surface than cold underwater.

Back
Top Bottom