Thankyou Oceanic Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Go Gadget

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a DataMask in July. I have made 8 dives with the mask/computer. I love it. The Datamask does everything I hoped it would. However, I have had a problem since the first dive. The mask was leaking and I had to clear it every few minutes. I feared the mask didn't fit my face properly and I was going to have a problem with it ever fitting. Two weeks ago while diving in Key Largo, a dive buddy noticed a constant stream of air bubbles coming from the mask. When we got back on the boat, we found the source of my problem. The rubber was not properly seated and was allowing water to enter the mask.

When I got home, I called Oceanic and they asked me to ship the mask back to them. I shipped it last Friday and it arrived at Oceanic on Monday. The folks at Oceanic sent me a new mask and it arrived today. I couldn't have asked for better service. So many businesses forget about their customers after the sale. Although I don't have a long history with Oceanic, my recent experience makes me want to continue as a customer.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

I purchased a DataMask in July. I have made 8 dives with the mask/computer. I love it. The Datamask does everything I hoped it would. However, I have had a problem since the first dive. The mask was leaking and I had to clear it every few minutes. I feared the mask didn't fit my face properly and I was going to have a problem with it ever fitting. Two weeks ago while diving in Key Largo, a dive buddy noticed a constant stream of air bubbles coming from the mask. When we got back on the boat, we found the source of my problem. The rubber was not properly seated and was allowing water to enter the mask.

When I got home, I called Oceanic and they asked me to ship the mask back to them. I shipped it last Friday and it arrived at Oceanic on Monday. The folks at Oceanic sent me a new mask and it arrived today. I couldn't have asked for better service. So many businesses forget about their customers after the sale. Although I don't have a long history with Oceanic, my recent experience makes me want to continue as a customer.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

I have a Datamask and I too love it. I have 13 dives on it and the software logbook is just great. I have gotten quite good at interpreting it's displays and using the various combinations of button hits to control it. There was a great deal of thought (by divers!) put in to this device. What I hate is the computer interface and when I called Oceanic they were not only sympathetic, but quite candid in how difficult it is to get the connector "just right" in order to download. I respect honesty and candor out of a company and it was refreshing to get it. When I went to download my dives from last weekend, I found that I had, evidently from practice on my earlier dives, discovered the "sweet spot" and had no trouble getting data off the mask. Great company, superior equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom