Thanks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watergal

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the kind welcome--it is sooooo nice to have people be, well, nice! keep reading the same posts over and over again just to hear strangers be kind, helpful and friendly on a diving forum! Boy, I hope I don't regress and get myself booted!

A special kudos to DivingGal and Butch. I too am Canadian; I lived quite a while in Thunder Bay, ONT., but never found what it takes to immerse there (mebee a trilam suit that will accomodate a parka?). You folks have my undying admiration. I miss Canada but not Lake Superior!

Not to ignore Mikeyd. Never tried the Jersey wrecks, but I reach for the cup of cocoa just thinking about it. May I borrow a cup of stamina from you folks? =-)

Sooooo...Texas swamps, huh? Sounds inviting. We have the Cooper river here with 'gators, snakes, stumps/strainers and,-- the part that makes it all worthwhile,-- fossils and relics from Indian to plantation era to last weeks Mountain Dew can (unfortunately). All in a nice current, usually ½-2knots. Most days you can read your gauge, but no promises. One typically pulls bigger teeth out of the nearby Edisto, but leave the light behind--it is all Braille diving. I'll try yours if you try mine! Fair is fair.

Oh, btw, just gotta say these are the coooolest smilies I have seen anywhere! Girls, huh?

Hey..

Welcome again and yes we are all fun and exciting.. I'm starting my scuba diving course in March 2002.. Cannot wait!!

Ask Questions and have fun!!

N1Hawk

Originally posted by watergal
Thanks to all for the kind welcome--it is sooooo nice to have people be, well, nice! keep reading the same posts over and over again just to hear strangers be kind, helpful and friendly on a diving forum! Boy, I hope I don't regress and get myself booted!

A special kudos to DivingGal and Butch. I too am Canadian; I lived quite a while in Thunder Bay, ONT., but never found what it takes to immerse there (mebee a trilam suit that will accomodate a parka?). You folks have my undying admiration. I miss Canada but not Lake Superior!

Not to ignore Mikeyd. Never tried the Jersey wrecks, but I reach for the cup of cocoa just thinking about it. May I borrow a cup of stamina from you folks? =-)

Sooooo...Texas swamps, huh? Sounds inviting. We have the Cooper river here with 'gators, snakes, stumps/strainers and,-- the part that makes it all worthwhile,-- fossils and relics from Indian to plantation era to last weeks Mountain Dew can (unfortunately). All in a nice current, usually ½-2knots. Most days you can read your gauge, but no promises. One typically pulls bigger teeth out of the nearby Edisto, but leave the light behind--it is all Braille diving. I'll try yours if you try mine! Fair is fair.

Oh, btw, just gotta say these are the coooolest smilies I have seen anywhere! Girls, huh?

Originally posted by watergal
Texas swamps, huh? ..... I'll try yours if you try mine! Fair is fair.
Sounds like a plan to me. Corsair and I are already thinking about a trip to the Great Frozen north to dive on the shipwrecks of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence. We'll make sure to get with ya when we begin our planning. And I'll be sure to bring some TSDT shirts with me too!

Ooops! Mea Culpa!

TexasMike, I am so sorry for generating confusion; I am no longer in Canada. Several years ago I swapped my firm Canadian convictions for year round tan lines and polartec diving. The Cooper river and I are both in South Carolina. Come on over!

Hope you and the zebra mussles have an outstanding time together. I don't think the Great Lakes have enough degrees in them for me! Those gators know what they are doing.

~Water(wussy,wussy,wussy)gal :doctor:

Originally posted by TexasMike
Sounds like a plan to me. Corsair and I are already thinking about a trip to the Great Frozen north to dive on the shipwrecks of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence. We'll make sure to get with ya when we begin our planning. And I'll be sure to bring some TSDT shirts with me too!

Hot dang, you and Corsair are more than welcome... we'll even warn er I mean inform the border guards to let you through. hehehe. Still not frozen, but it is cold out there. The Ottawa River is now down around 47F --- balmy temps for some, darn right cold to others.

Watergal - water may be cool, but we don't have to worry about the neighbours biting us. I had thought of diving in the Cooper 'til someone told me not only was the viz so-so, but you had to watch out for the gators.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom