Thanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I realized this morning that I have not seen the Thanks button in any thread either yesterday or today. Has something changed?

:depressed: They killed it off, Jim. You have to typographically thank people now. :crying:

OR, you can use one of these stylish, server-hogging gifs:

And don't forget to like the post!!!!

Too bad. I always found it quick and clean to simply thank someone when their post was helpful, or to the point, without having to add an entire post to do so.

Too bad. I always found it quick and clean to simply thank someone when their post was helpful, or to the point, without having to add an entire post to do so.

thanks.gif

On Scubaboard... as with all things in life, we must evolve or die. The "Thank You" hack which is not supported in vBulletin 4.x was something holding us back from performing the upgrade to 4.x because of it's inane popularity, we didn't want to alienate our userbase so much by killing a popular feature.

Now with the availability of the "Likes Tree" from another software that we've already incorporated into our site, and which is supported in vb 4.x we've moved to the new function, and arrived at the EOL of Thanks.

This means that we've already begun working on the move to vB 4.x which has a lot cleaner layout, and great functionality to keep SB in the forefront as the #1 scuba site in the world.

We are prepping the Forums for a major upgrade Jim. Deprecated features that won't be supported by the upgraded software were disabled this morning about 7:00 am. In order to give people an easy to use way to participate in the threads without posting, we have enabled the "Likes" Feature, which will be supported after the upgrade.

We have already seen a small drop in server load as the Thanks feature was not that efficient. We will see additional drops in server loads when we finish the upgrade, which ultimately means a quicker response and shorter load times for our users.

We are prepping the Forums for a major upgrade Jim. Deprecated features that won't be supported by the upgraded software were disabled this morning about 7:00 am. In order to give people an easy to use way to participate in the threads without posting, we have enabled the "Likes" Feature, which will be supported after the upgrade.

We have already seen a small drop in server load as the Thanks feature was not that efficient. We will see additional drops in server loads when we finish the upgrade, which ultimately means a quicker response and shorter load times for our users.

While you might see quicker response times at your end, since I have to rely on a satellite hookup, I am sure I won't see that. I did miss your warning that this change was coming because I was on the board a bit less last week.

I do predict that the Like button will eventually cause conflict, just because it is another tool, that those who wish to abuse, will, and those who wish to be annoyed by others actions, also will find annoying.

Good luck with the upgrade.

OK, so 'likes' replaces 'thanks'. That should work. But how do I kill the 'likes' notifications? I can see all I want in the post involved.

At this point. You can't. The developers are aware, and have informed me that this should be available in the next build.

Back
Top Bottom