Thanks to Green Manelishi!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
:D As promised I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where else to post it. (Mods feel free to move.) This weekend I used one of GM's Bryden Buckles to hold my nocturnal tl50 extreme against the plate on my new DSS single tank rig. This simple buckle works like a dream. I threaded it on my waist strap after my cannister and snugged it down. First dive was to 90 ft to set the ball for an AOW deep dive.Next was the deep dive and a little solo side trip I made to 110ft. :D Not only did the cannister stay tight against the plate but the integrated d-ring was the perfect place to store the cord of my light when not deployed. The extreme came with a small velcro and previously I was trying to find a place to store the excess cord:huh: . The d-ring solved that problem I simply put a bolt snap on the velcro and coiled the cord and clipped it off:11doh: . Granted it's a small coil but it is much neater and more accessible clipped off in this fashion:14: . The design and construction of the buckle is first rate. While not as heavy of material as my main waistbelt buckle it really does not need to be. Yet I, at the same time, would not hesitate to use it for anything that I could conceiveably need to clip off on that side including a stage bottle or two. The nicest thing about it is that when not in use the d-ring swings back out of the way and lays on the lever. Which in itself is handy as it can be used as a guide to the d-ring for the boltsnap. I have the sport version. I got mine directly from GM but it can also be found on tech diving limited's website.
Overall it is a well made product and those of you who have read some of my other posts know I work in a metal fabrication shop and the construction, finish, and materials used are first rate. The buckle could also be used as a primary buckle and perhaps the d-ring used as a scooter ring or in a pinch to clip off tools, lights, reels, etc for quick access while actually using them and then they could be returned to more conventional positions for swimming. Also on the sport version the d-ring does not interefere with releasing the buckle in an emergency situation. For anyone who has been considering this item I highly recommend it. Since making the transition to a Hogarthian configuration I have taken a new attitude regarding every piece of gear I take under water with me. I expect everything I take down to perform and be costructed as if my life depended on it. From fin straps to mask straps, regs, bc, even lights. At one time I thought why should I spend extra on a back up light or carry two of them in addition to my primary? Until I had my primary at the time quit(PT Shockwave):confused: , the switch fall off my surge:( , and my Q40 die due to weak bats:11: (my fault)in cold water all on one dive!.But the point is I no longer leave ANYTHING to chance. I'd trust the Bryden Buckle with my life:14: . (I've since upgraded all of those lights BTW):wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom