Thanks from a Sophisticated Moron (Sophomore)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
March 28, 2005 marked the anniversary of my first dive with a real camera in an underwater housing. I guess I can't claim to be a rookie anymore. I thought I'd say thanks to all of you who have posted pics and tutorials for me to learn from, given expert advice on how to use the camera, given encouragement about my pics, and explained how to post the results here on SB. You have helped me to have a great time with an addictive hobby. You brought me from "P" mode blue shots to "M" mode with exposure meter in the LCD recognizable pictures (see attached example from first and last dive with the camera). You taught me about white balance and RAW mode. You even spent my money on editing software :D. I look forward to your help and friendship in my Sophomore year - I'll need you as I work on depth of field and lighting (speaking of which, You can all pitch in and get me a strobe for this grand occasion :D).

No one willing to take credit? Or did I scare you with the strobe thing? I know you're out there - I hear you breathing. Don't be shy - you know who you are. It's OK to say you're welcome when somebody thanks you :D.

I just saw this message - for some reason it hasn't come up in my New Posts before??

Anyway, welcome to year two :) I won't presume to take much of the credit, but I sure have enjoyed seeing your photos - love those scary eels!!

I will be more than happy to help you spend your money on more toys for this hobby :wink:

And, thanks should go to you too. You've been great on commenting on other people's shots, putting up yours for example and questions and contributing to many of us improving. Here's to another grand 12 months!

alcina:
... love those scary eels!! ...
Do you really think those toothless little worms are scary after those monsters you take pics of? :laughing:

I guess everyone else is too modest to take a bow - or they might be on a honeymoon or something :D.

Oh ok i'll take some credit....Amazing diff on those two shots you have posted. Great to see so much improvement.

Now then i have a Tetra and a video camera for sale, which one do you want?? Where those smilies at?

Mike Veitch:
...Now then i have a Tetra and a video camera for sale, which one do you want?? Where those smilies at?
:rofl:

louisianadiver:
Taking credit is my forte, but the only thing I know about RAW pertains to oysters.
:rofl: AGAIN!

I takes a great student to make the teachers look like they know what they're doing! :D

The difference in those two photos are amazing. I'll help you spend your money anytime!

Everyone wants to spend MY money but the point I was making is for you all to spend YOUR money on ME. Don't you think I deserve a prize for surviving my rookie year without selling the car or house to buy more stuff? :D Besides getting me a strobe, you will need to send me on trips to some destinations with more colorful creatures if I'm to develope my skills further - unless you want to see these same eels, crabs, jellyfish, toadfish, and damsels over and over and over .... :laughing:

Well.....if you can fit in my luggage I'll take you to Roatan in 23 days! :11ztongue

Back
Top Bottom