Thank You

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katherineaw

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has previously shared an opinion on the topic of Scubapro vs Apeks regulators and posted pictures of their rigs etc.

I just purchased new twin-regs, and ended up selecting 2 x MK25/G250V's after reading many of the discussions on SB and considering MK17, Tek3, XTX200, DS4, DST etc. I was really hoping that someone would tell me what to do. Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and made the decision for myself. Guess I'll have a better view about the merits of my choice next Monday when I do my first dives with shiny new regs, but I don't think I've gone wrong!

So thank you all!

The only thing I would say so far, though, is that the connection to a second stage on a scubapro hose is just irritating and a PITA to get undone.

You need this, but shipping to Australia can be unreasonably expensive:

20-101-200.jpg

True guru's can manage with a piece of rag; I always ended up scratching something, so I went for the tool.

I don't think you could have gone wrong with any of those choices.

A pair of soft jawed pliers will do the job with the knurled nuts (they are a PITA) just fine. In a pinch, regular pliers and a rag wrapped around the nut will also work.

Back
Top Bottom