Thank you XS Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've sent a few emails,and used their online form to ask questions about a problem that I'm having with one of their cylinders, and haven't received a response! SO it's time I called you guys out in a public forum!

What's up XS Scuba? Do you NOT stand behind your products?

Is your lack of customer response a testament to that?

What is the problem? And have you contacted the dealer you got it from? What did they say?

I have dealt with XS but never via contact form or email. When there's an issue a phone call is stiill the best way to deal with anyone. And they don't make cylinders. They are made for them by Worthington. XS is the just the distributor and do that enough to have their brand on them

4040 W. Chandler Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Telephone
toll-free:
866.XS.SCUBA
direct:
fax:

Assuming you're in the US and they are too maybe you could try phoning them. I know it doesn't excuse the poor service but it might be a quicker way to resolve your issue. Must say of late I've encountered numerous occasions of companies not replying to emails or their online email forms. If companies are going to provide email details and/or online forms they should least monitor them and if its too much of a hassle with spam etc then don't offer the service. I feel your frustration. Good luck.

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 10:16 AM ----------

Pipped at the post by Jim.

Jim, I DID contact Worthington as well, and got no response... I spoke with the guy that owned (no longer an owner) the shop where the cylinder was purchased, and he suggested emailing the rep at XS that he used, as opposed to Worthington... then when that didn't work, he suggested just emailing XS..I did, then used their online form. My main question was whom to contact there to talk about the problem.

One slight issue, is that the cylinder was not directly purchased from my "LDS", it was purchased by another person, who used it once, then decided that a tall 120 was better than a squat 119, so he sold it to me and purchased a 120. It has also been through one hydro as well.

That said I'm still annoyed that they have a service to ask questions etc...yet neglect to answer them! I will call as a last resort, but felt that contacting them online was better since it's not emergent.

A USED item of scuba gear? I suggest you contact the guy you bought it from and see if he will deal with the still unknown problem as the original owner.

After looking at their warranty, I suspect the 2-year limit leaves you SOL: [FONT=BodegaSans-BlackSmallcaps,Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]General Warranty[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• XS Scuba warrants to the original owner that all of its products are free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years with proof of purchase.
• XS Scuba will repair or replace warranty product and return freight prepaid. XS Scuba reserves the right to substitute products of equal or greater value when exact product is not available. At our option, XS Scuba will either replace, substitute, or refund the purchase price.
• Warranty applies only under normal sport and skin diving use and with proper care and maintenance.

[/FONT]

I didn't SAY I was asking for a warranty issue, I have a QUESTION about a recurring problem with it...and want to know how to deal with it.

Let's get this straight...I'm not here asking for advice on how to deal with the cylinder, I'm calling out XS SCUBA because I want them to contact me! AND let the world know that they aren't very helpful as far as their website form!

And this is the most public place I can actually DO that!

So whomever the XS SCUBA rep is that monitors this area...please PM me!

It seems that you think they are a big operation. Fact is the office is not. They have few ladies that answer the phones and I doubt they monitor emails. The owner is also likely engaged with setting up new dealers, shows, and getting product in. Not all the mfg's on this forum have reps that monitor these forums and by the same token usually rely on dealers as the first line in dealing with issues.

There are times that I love email and others that I truly lament it's invention as people seem to have lost the incentive/ability to actually communicate by voice. If at all possible I call someone before I email them or try to. Contact forms have issues as I have found out with the one on my own website as servers have issues at times and things get lost. Phone calls do not.

If a number is available, especially a toll free one, that should be the first option to take. And we still don't know what the actual problem is that is a recurring one. Is it something that could affect other owners? Maybe someone here even has a fix for it.

Just because a mfg has a forum on here why would you assume it is monitored regularly? There is no requirement that they do. Hell some may have been set up by people no longer with the company!

I've seen some responses from there here...I did a little noodling around to see if there was a presence so...

The only reason email was my option at first was the original "contact" I was given was an email address (it was the person that my shop contact used when the problem first arose...as we got on later, the problem never resolved, and we were looking for the next step...my shop contact is no longer an owner, and therefore I didn't feel right having him continue to contact) and the fact that it's a problem that is not an emergency, made email seem the logical choice.

Once I found their website and saw the "form" I figured that I was "in"...but with no response from that end, it got to be...well let's just say "annoying" from a customer service standpoint (i.e. why have a "webform" for contact if you aren't going to monitor it) (ya know what I mean?) And as a former person that sat by a phone all day, and had the charge to "return all calls within 24 hours, regardless" this bugs me!

The valve isn't able to crank down entirely...occasionally the O-ring extrudes. It hasn't failed in three years...but we still don't want to continue to take chances

For the original fix, the tech was sent a tap for the threads and we were told to try to increase the thread on the neck...each year when we did our inspection we did a little more, and we're at the point where it doesn't get better...we're thinking that there MIGHT be another issue with the neck (uneven tolerance, possibly not allowing the valve to sit properly) and we're looking to see if it can be machined...either by them or, given the proper specs, locally.

As I said...not an emergent issue, just a recurring annoyance...IF it can be fixed, great...if not whatever...

edit: and that's pretty much what my emails to them have stated/asked...not like I'm saying "you sold me this tank, it's a problem, replace it"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom