Thank you Sheldon Boyd at Serpent Aquatics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove Skaha lake last week and finally explored the Kaleden area. From looking at the bathymetric maps I thought there might be a worthwhile wall there and was eager to explore; but it turned out to be a steeply sloping sterile sand bottom with not even old bottles to see. The vis at depth was 5-8'. I also dove along the littoral zone at the north end of the lake (shallow sloping bottom) and while it was a sterile bottom as well, there were a number of fish species to keep me interested. I had much more fun though, freediving with my vintage gear.

Looking for a fill I discovered there is no shop in Penticton so it was off to the Kelowna area. Once there I got a nasty shock. It appears that shops in the region won't fill 6351 alloy tanks. Rather than get into a rant about the real (rather than the stated) reason for this I will instead shout out a big thanks to Sheldon Boyd at Serpent Aquatics in Westbank. Not only did he help me (unlike another unnamed shop) after I explained my tanks are eddy tested during each annual vis he also did so after my name didn't show up in the PADI online registry. Sheldon struck me as a divers diver who didn't want to leave a diver f...ed on his vacation and his willingness to be flexable saved the rest of my diving for me.

So some lessons I learned on this trip:

Don't trust PADI - take your c card.
Don't expect fills for 6351 tanks in the OK corridor.
Sheldon is a nice guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom