Thank you for all your posts - Question about Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfuqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a NEX-7 with the 18-55mm kit lens and added a 30mm macro. I am going to purchase the Nauticam housing and ports to match. I appreciate everyone's previous posts as they were helpful while I picked out my equipment.

My objective in the new system is to have a very high quality rig that remains relatively light. My previous system was a Canon 50D with Ikelite housing and two Ikelite DS161 strobes... great results but very, very, very heavy. I had a Tokina 11-16 but my favorite lens was the 60mm macro.

I am leaning toward the Inon Z-240 strobes. I would like to hear your experiences with them or other strobes you might recommend.

Thanks again for participating in the forum.Bill

I have the NEX-5N in a Nauticam housing and i use one INON D-2000 and one INON S-2000. For diving with gloves (also dry gloves) the S-2000 is very small and difficult to use. So I usually use the D-2000 for my fresh-water divings. Some examples you can find here...

Süsswasser 2012 - a set on Flickr

Tino

Back
Top Bottom