Thalassa Dive Center in Manado, N Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have any of you dived with this outfit before? I'm especially interested in their live-aboard, the Mimpi, but I can't get them to respond to my e mails.

Thanks so much!
Pamela:wink:

There have been posts about Thalassa here previously - perhaps a search will bring them up. Haven't dived with them myself.

But I do know that email in and out of Manado is intermittent. Do keep trying.

Hello,

I used to dive a lot with Thalassa Dive Center in Manado. I have not been back for a couple of years though. Not because I had problems with them, rather because I did not like the hotel where they are set up (Santika hotel). If you are looking for a live aboard, you won't have this problem.

Now, diving with Thalassa (5* PADI) was great. Simone (who is running the show) is one of the most respected instructor in the area, and the staff was friendly, highly professional, well aware of safety, and obviously well managed. There was a lot of equipment to rent, and it was in very good condition. There was one guy busy full time with the maintenance.
The boat were very nice.
I did my PADI Rescue with them and it was great.

Everything remaining the same, I think you made a good choice.

To contact them, this is what you can do:
E mail: thalassa@manado.nangura.net, or info@thalassa.net
Tel: +62 431 850 230
Fax: +62 431 850 231
And try again and again because telephone lines are not always optimal...

Cheers

We dove with them in June 2005 and found the operation to be very well-run and professional. Boats were clean, comfortable and well-maintained and the dive op was very flexible and accomodating. Because they are so close to Bunaken (just a 10-15 minute boat ride), they usually come back to the dock between dives so you can do any combination of dives during the day. Also, they do trips to Poopo, Bangka, the northern islands in Bunaken Nat'l Park and the daytrip to Lembeh pretty much upon request. Simone (the owner/mgr) is usually very responsive so if you haven't heard from her, just keep trying, or try to contact her through the hotel.

I can't comment on the liveaboard since we didn't take it, but we loved the Santika hotel where they are located and are looking forward to going back next year.

Haven't dived with Thalassa, but met Simone some years ago. What colour/style were her glasses this year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom