thailand in may, not just diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks alot for the advice, we will defiantly spend a few nights in bangkok as we arrive and leave from there. my "wifey" loves to just relax and lay in the sun on the sandy beaches the quieter the better, we are both young but quiet people, and like goo,d food. also we do not like to run around to much but prefer to been log in one place and get to know it a bit we were planning to visit 2 beaches max 3. but we are both not into the tourist beaten path. any more suggestions welcome thanks

Beautiful sandy beaches--we've got lot of those! What kind of vibe besides beach are you looking for? Does wifey like outdoorsy stuff like snorkeling, or does she prefer a place with shopping and spas? Do you guys like nightlife or quieter areas? What is your mental picture of the ideal beach getaway?

my "wifey" loves to just relax and lay in the sun on the sandy beaches the quieter the better, we are both young but quiet people, and like goo,d food. also we do not like to run around to much but prefer to been log in one place and get to know it a bit we were planning to visit 2 beaches max 3. but we are both not into the tourist beaten path. any more suggestions welcome thanks
I think you'd like Koh Lanta, and possibly Koh Racha Yai.

As Quero says - Lanta would be a good choice - but then so would Koh Tao - you can read more about Koh Tao in my signatures ...

Whats is your budget for accommodation ? I can suggest some places for you to look at if you like ....

As Quero says - Lanta would be a good choice - but then so would Koh Tao - you can read more about Koh Tao in my signatures ...

Whats is your budget for accommodation ? I can suggest some places for you to look at if you like ....

we are looking for something under 1000 bhat with a nice place, on the beach if possible, is koh tao quiet, what would the big difference be between lanta and koh tao.

we are looking for something under 1000 bhat with a nice place, on the beach if possible, is koh tao quiet, what would the big difference be between lanta and koh tao.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but in my experience...
Koh Lanta is relatively unspoilt by mass tourism unlike many of the popular destinations, lots of quiet locations available and some of the best diving nearby.
koh Tao is frequented by backpackers, is more a party environment with plenty of alcohol and other mind altering substances freely available, and mediocre diving.

On Koh Tao - Sairee is the busy place and the party beach- stay in other locations and you can have a quiet time. Lanta - for sure is quieter though yes....but May/June is not a busy time on Koh Tao. There are even quieter beaches but this might leave you a bit too remote ....

If you want to look at Koh Tao then you could check out Koh Tao Royal Resort or Beachside or Beach Club. These are in quiet spots in Mae Haad. You could also consider resorts in Chalock Ban Khao....which is a quieter beach -

As for the diving - im not going to get into the where it better debate - I live here and I love the diving here.... which makes me biased ( I also love the diving out of Lanta too ) ....all you can do it have a look for yourself and decide.... you can check out the second link in my signature - if you scroll down you will see the reports go back over a full year - so you can get an idea or the full year - theres also some best of reports too on that page .....if you use Facebook then you should also check out this group too ..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/87332210501/

Wherever you decide - Thailand is wonderful and you will have a lovely time for sure and certainly be back for more ! Visit one place and then you have a reason to come back next year and explore more .............:cheeky:

so its decided we will head to koh lanta, flying in to kuala lumpur and then by bus to koh lanta, then head back down slowly with a stop in the perhentian islands. would love some advice on bus's from kl to krabi, and recommended dive ops in koh lanta. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom