thailand in may, not just diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eternaljonah

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Am planning a 2 week trip to thailand in may and was wondering where to go, my wife is not into diving but loves beautiful sandy beaches, would like to visit two different places for beach and diving( any great wrecks, drift(strong currents)) and some other things between. thanks for your ideas

Am planning a 2 week trip to thailand in may and was wondering where to go, my wife is not into diving but loves beautiful sandy beaches, would like to visit two different places for beach and diving( any great wrecks, drift(strong currents)) and some other things between. thanks for your ideas

Beautiful (white) sandy beaches, good year-round daytrip diving and plenty of non-diving activities can be found on the Andaman Sea coast of Thailand in Phuket, Krabi and Phanga.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier...

thx,

If you only have two weeks, I'd suggest you don't bounce around too much. See one or two places with leisure rather than stay on the hop.

Do you mind Tourist places? If not, you could do worse than, as Bowmouth suggests, Krabi/Phuket with trips out to the nearby islands.

Save a couple of daysoat the start or end to see Bangkok, I suggest. She is quite a city.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier...

thx,
NP, Steve. A lot of people on your side of the world sort of get fuzzy about the geography over here. I've had people ask me, for example, if I like to pop down to Sydney now and again, or if I ever think of going to New Zealand for a little visit... it's a 12 hour flight to Christchurch and 8 hours to Sydders! In your defense, I suppose that when you eventually make it over here, you really will try to get to Cambodia to visit Angkor as well as come to dive in Thailand!

If you only have two weeks, I'd suggest you don't bounce around too much. See one or two places with leisure rather than stay on the hop.

Do you mind Tourist places? If not, you could do worse than, as Bowmouth suggests, Krabi/Phuket with trips out to the nearby islands.

Save a couple of daysoat the start or end to see Bangkok, I suggest. She is quite a city.

That she is. "One night in Bangkok..." a little something for everyone.

Beautiful sandy beaches--we've got lot of those! What kind of vibe besides beach are you looking for? Does wifey like outdoorsy stuff like snorkeling, or does she prefer a place with shopping and spas? Do you guys like nightlife or quieter areas? What is your mental picture of the ideal beach getaway?

Eternaljonah,

My daughter and I did a 10 day vaction in Thailand last March. Three days in Bangkok with part of it as an overnight to the Tiger Temple. TIGERS at TIGER Temple Tours Thailand Tiger Temple Floating Market Death Railway Hellfire Pass Wow...what a life long experience swimming with elephants, feeding & playing with tigers and a visit to the ANZAC cemetary, labor site and the infamous bridge over the River Kwai (I am an history nut).

Down in Phuket we did the Phantasea show the day we arrived and then a Liveaboard up into the Similans...not sure if that would interest your wife hanging out on a boat, but there was fantastic diving.

Have fun, :bounce4:

~Michael~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom