Thailand diving end of June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrBigfins

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning a trip as my son's graduation present. Unfortunately this requires the trip to take place over the summer after high school and before college. This puts us visiting for 2 weeks plus travel time at end of June and beginning of July. Plan to spend some time in Bangkok and spending some time up north around Chaing Rae and Chaing Mae, then heading south for some beach/diving time. Looking for suggestions on best locations for diving during this time. Pretty open for suggestions in the region, nice beaches and good diving being the only requirements. Enjoy all types of diving so open to muk, blue water, reef dives etc. TIA

Basically at that time of year, you’re best off in Koh Tao I guess. Similans on the west coast will be closed by then.

Basically at that time of year, you’re best off in Koh Tao I guess. Similans on the west coast will be closed by then.
Yes, Similans will be closed. But also without Similans the Andaman Coast offers the best diving Thailand has to offer. Racha Islands, Shark Point area, Bida islands, all very nice diving.

Yes, Similans will be closed. But also without Similans the Andaman Coast offers the best diving Thailand has to offer. Racha Islands, Shark Point area, Bida islands, all very nice diving.
does that still involve departing from phuket, or elsewhere?

does that still involve departing from phuket, or elsewhere?
Khao Lak offers mainly Similans diving, so no options from there, although we do sometimes have people dive here while staying there. Going South Phuket will be in full swing with all open, Krabi/Ao Nang will also be mostly open, Phi Phi will again all be open and Lanta will I would guess be 50/50. Further South there will only be very limited options.

There is direct flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket.
Koh Tao would require a change of flight at Bangkok to Koh Samui and then ferry across.

Similan offers the best diving in the Kingdom.

End of June, I will go to Koh Tao with the possibility of whaleshark. Day trip out from Phuket is too time consuming. But then Phuket has a lot more to offer other than diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom