TG7 base set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scythegpd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All, hoping to get some advice please

I previously used a Kraken housing which flooded last weekend (and took my phone out with it)

So now I’ve bought a typical, OM System TG7 with dive housing

I’m not a huge photographer, more just take some snaps and vids while diving, no need for a pro set-up, just a basic one size fits all setup, nice and compact, no fuss changing things for different conditions, just point and click and get something reasonable
I don’t even edit, just use SeaReal to colour correct

I live in Japan so some things which may be reasonably priced in EU/US are prohibitively expensive here

So that aside I’m thinking of pairing my camera with a
  • Weefine Ring3000 v2, a standard ring for video or macro with a 3000lm flash for photo.
  • Weefine WFL11 wide angle lenses. Apparently it’s not the best but the wide angle is reasonable and it works reasonably with macro as well so no need to be swapping lenses
That strikes me as a cheapish jack-of-all-trades set-up that will be reasonable, but not amazing, whether I’m looking at nudi branches Izu, hammerheads in Mikimoto, manta in Ishigaki, jackfish in Aguni or the Emmons wreck off Kaori

However 2 questions please
  • I know the ring light fits over the camera case and is pretty much made for it but trying to figure out how the lense then fits in the ring light. Some places say the ring light has a 67mm thread so I need a 67-52mm adaptor but I can’t find anything definitive. I know each work with the case separately but can’t figure it out collectively
  • For my purposes, does the above seem reasonable? It’s cheap for a dive camera system and I’m not looking for pro quality but still want to check its worth it before I drop the best part of JPY250k

What I’ve got:

What I’m considering:

Yes you will need the 52-67 adapter.

You will also need the below if you want to run the ring light as a burst because the sync cable won't fit with the ring light attached. Ask me how I know LOL I haven't had any luck getting the burst to fire but the light is so bright for macro that you don't really need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom