TG-6 focusing issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakate

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all. Over the past couple of months, my TG-6 seems to be focusing less accurately. It seems to have had a steady deterioration of quality within that time period. Focus hunting more, and frequently failing to focus when it is on macro focus (even when I zoom out, refocus and zoom back in). I have reset all of the settings several times, but the issue isn't going away. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It was tack sharp in macro when I first got it, but now the majority of macro photos/videos are slightly out of focus.

In settings don't use the AF super macro focus mode just use the normal mode then do the normal zoom in that changes to Macro and auto focus. I find this better then using AF in macro as marine creatures move and the depth is so narrow you end up needing to refocus again.

In settings don't use the AF super macro focus mode just use the normal mode then do the normal zoom in that changes to Macro and auto focus. I find this better then using AF in macro as marine creatures move and the depth is so narrow you end up needing to refocus again.

Interesting... I will try that. Thank you for the tip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom