Tetsu Taguchi ==???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Miller III

Scuba Legend
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
CALIFORNIA: Where recreational diving began!
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Would like to contact Tetsu Taguchi. Last known address was in Sapporo.

Tetsu founded the Japan Underwater Training Association in the mid 1960s--long before PADI became popular in Japan.

He also published;
*The Skin and Scuba Diving Course Manual in 1968 & 1981
* Underwater recreation (date unknown)
* Feild guide # 2 Sea fishes of Japan
* Field guide #13 Sea fishes of the world
If you live in Japan you should have these books--They are great!

He was one of the great pioneers of recreational diving in Japan, also a dear friend of many years...

Any one have his current address? Please send it to me

thanks,

Sam Miller, California

Sam,

Mr. Taguchi is still living in Sapporo. He must be the first NAUI instructor and former president of NAUI Japan.

Why are you seeking him. I have the contact information.

I am an old friend from California..

Tetsu and another friend who passed away with Cancer came to US to take the very difficult and demanding LA county UW Instructors course which I was involved -both passed. Tetsu returned to Japan and organized diving in Japan along LA County lines. Several years later when NAUI was strong enough and expanded internationally he indeed did also establish NAUI in Japan.

He also is a outstanding photographer and writer as evidenced by the above books...I would think that the first two would be collectors items for any Japanese diver and the later two must have items for any diver in Japan..I have all of them in my library and since they are personally inscribed to me I value them highly as I do Tetsu's friendship...

He is just an old freind whom I would like to drop a line to and just catch up on life before the curtin comes down on life as it has on so many of our mutual friends...Nothing more nothing less...

If you can help Great! If not, I thank you for your concern and response

Dr Samuel Miller~~California

Thank you for your response and Tetsu's address. A E mail s on its way.

I did not memtion your name since I don't know it, but when you next meet
Tetsu tell him you were responsible for me obtaining his address,

Thanks again,

SAM

Back
Top Bottom