Testing GoPro Hd and JVC WP10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSwain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be testing the GoPro HD and the JVC wp10/Ikelite housing this comming weekend as long as the local quarry dosn't freeze over this week. Both cameras will be set to to record in 1080p and mounted side by side. Video will be shot with ambiant light only along with my 10w HID. Below is the set up I have. Report and Video will be posted some time next week.

166845_1734304488268_1558256941_1757314_6843438_n.jpg

Sorry everyone, but I didnt get to test the 2 cameras today. I did make it out diving , but my son decided to do a Penguin Plunge in our local river and wanted to take his camera (JVC/Ikelite) to that and video it. I new I was crazy, but he only had a Swimsuit on and said he had big chunks of ice hitting him in the legs. He went compleatly under and was only in for about 10 seconds. Our dive was 51 minutes with a air temp of about 35-40, surface temp was 41 and bottom was 38. Hope to get back out soon to test these cameras. I will let you know when I do.

I can't wait for videos, I was curious about the validity of using one of those GoPro's for diving would be.

It says their good for 180', but I wonder if that is prolonged exposure.

I've thinking in something like that to add lights to my Gopro (at least one). Quality of video is enough for me for now for what I use it and I think that adding lights will make it much better for getting more colors.
What do u think?

Didnt make it out diving again this weekend. Pretty cold here in PA today. I may get to try it in the poll tomorrow at a Discover Scuba class, if I do I will post the videos. I also just ordered 2 Sola 1200 lights for this set up. Hope to test this out in FL soon.

I also purchased a Go Pro HD recently, but I got the Sartek case which has a flat glass port instead of the acrylic dome port which comes with the camera. This alleviates the focus issues reported by many when shooting full HD underwater.

They are truly great little cameras since you can just clip them off in a pocket and take them out when you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom