Terrified.....airport closures due to volcano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmneus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I'm leaving for Komodo on November 11th, arriving at DPS on Nov 13th, then to LBJ on the 14th, my first time to Indo.
I'm TERRIFIED that this volcano business won't blow over fast enough....
Is anyone is there and can offer some helpful updates/information during the next week, besides what's on the news? I would be very grateful. Or.....if you have any solutions about how I can possibly reroute my flights, if it comes to that????
I'm terrified and a nervous wreck.

Thanks much.

Last edited:
I was in the same situation a few months back with the other volcano. Fortunately, my plans had me arrive into DPS several days early and depart 1 day after the Komodo LOB trip, otherwise I too would have been terrified.
Everything worked out except my flight back from LBJ to DPS was about 6 hours late leaving. DPS was closed the prior day so all the airline schedules were mixed up.
There were no other alternative exits from Komodo presented to us.

I've never experienced this but how did you book your flights? Keeping in touch with the airline,what's on the news and hoping it blows over is really all you can do.

It might be possible to reschedule, again it depends on who/how you booked your flights.

I dont see see any scope for re-routing your flights. DPS and LBJ are your only options - unless you want to walk into the cockpit and point a gun to the captains head ... :-/

Pearlman

Thanks everyone, I may be freaking out a little early, since it's over a week until I'm due to be there....but cross your fingers and toes that the volcano is finished erupting.....

Any inside news from people passing through there in the next week will be very much appreciated....

I dont see see any scope for re-routing your flights. DPS and LBJ are your only options - unless you want to walk into the cockpit and point a gun to the captains head ... :-/

Pearlman

You're right, it looks like LBJ flights all originate in DPS. I thought maybe something out of MDC but no.

Yeah...that's what I thought. Was hoping for a different route that maybe wasn't obvious from playing around on the airline's websites. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that..... :( :( :( :(

You're right, it looks like LBJ flights all originate in DPS. I thought maybe something out of MDC but no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom