Teric Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, last year brother and I went diving last August. The DM/guide we were with made a mixture of 30% nitrox, and instructed us to set our PO2 number to a certain number (don't remember what it was). My question is... With the Teric, can you easily change the PO2 number to match that of your DM/Buddy if it needs to be changed (as long as it is within the nitrox mixture parameters for that dives depth)? I know it can easily be done on the D4I, AquaLung i450t, and several other computers. But I have yet to see anything about changing it on the Teric .

Also understand, this would only be done on very few dives maybe 2 a year. But the flexibility to be able to change that number (as long as it's within the gases limits, and I don't exceed the depth, time, etc...) Is something I really like.

Yes, the limiting PPO2 is changeable on the Teric. The default is 1.4, unless doing decompression dives. If that DM asked you to set it to anything other than 1.4, then he was likely in error. I'm assuming he simply asked you to check that indeed you were using 1.4.
See page 68 of the Teric manual.

Actually, your question suggests you may be somewhat confused about what PPO2 is, how it is related to the Nitrox percentage (it is not), and why you want 1.4. It may be worth going back to your Nitrox manual and doing some reading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom