Teric Mk II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
There's a lot of discussion about a Garmin Descent that has AI added. How come there is no discussion of a Shearwater Teric with GPS added? Then, my life would be complete!

There's a lot of discussion about a Garmin Descent that has AI added. How come there is no discussion of a Shearwater Teric with GPS added? Then, my life would be complete?
I, for me, can see no value in GPS on a dive computer, ok well maybe a little for a consistent starting point for navigation but underwater nav is pretty crude at best, if it worked underwater that would be amazing (I know it can’t work underwater with existing technology) and something I would want.

I, for me, can see no value in GPS on a dive computer, ok well maybe a little for a consistent starting point for navigation but underwater nav is pretty crude at best, if it worked underwater that would be amazing (I know it can’t work underwater with existing technology) and something I would want.
I'd find it fun to have approximate GPS locations of dive sites in downloaded logs. Practically I'm not sure how it would work, probably by the time the computer switches to dive mode it's already too late.

I have a GPS on my i3XM Ratio DC and it is a beautiful thing for sure.
Same.

It's like power steering in a car. You can get along without it, but one can certainly become accustomed to how nice it is.

If shearwater would add GPS and 7 more transmitters and a backup CPU then they'd be the real front runner for features.

If shearwater would add GPS and 7 more transmitters
Oh yeah! I'd like four transmitters (that's how many I have), so when I switch regs/dive-styles (like SM to rec) I don't have to keep putting all those numbers in....or at least allow me to set the AI IDs from the Cloud app.

Scubapro has GPS in its "HUD" DC btw.

but their AI is a lot less reliable than the AUP design since it requires active pairing between the transmitter and the receiver vs. the AUP design which is one way broadcasting...

but their AI is a lot less reliable than the AUP design since it requires active pairing between the transmitter and the receiver vs. the AUP design which is one way broadcasting...
...and take less energy out of the computer. 'Tis easier to only receive than to transmit as well. Many people should do that too; listen rather than talk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom