Teric Logbook Number Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I already know you can't manually change a logbook number on your Teric, I asked. But, I deleted dives on my Teric and changed the next dive number. Not sure how the computer will handle this. If I have deleted dive log numbers 159 and 160, but left dive 161 on the computer, and I enter the next dive to start at log number 160 how will the computer handle this? Will it enter the next dive at 160 and the skip to 162 for the subsequent dive? or will it renumber the current 161?

I really would like my dive on my computer to be in sync with my logbook. One of the dives recorded was in a pool and the other was a 2 minute dive where I found I needed to retrieve more weight from shore (1st dive with new dry suit). Really wish there was a renumbering option on these computers.

I already know you can't manually change a logbook number on your Teric
Yeah it's weird because you can on a Perdix.

The next dive will be whatever you set the next dive to be regardless of what's already in the log, assuming that bit is the same as a Perdix.

I'm confused. The Teric manual is pretty clear that you can change the next dive number.
upload_2020-10-9_14-56-14.png

Ok, fourth re-read, I think I get it. Made up example: Stored in the Teric, dives
158: 1 Jan
159: 2 Jan
160: 7 Jan
161: 8 Jan
162: 12 Jan
163: 13 Jan

Then he deletes some of those:
158: 1 Jan
159: 2 Jan
160: 7 Jan

161: 8 Jan
162: 12 Jan
163: 13 Jan

Then he sets the "next dive number" to 160 and does 3 dives. What dives does the Teric now list?

(Hey, you edited your post while I was replying! That was what I was typing!)

(some previous answer that's now gone!!11!)

Interesting. My bet would be 161, 163, 160, 161, 162.

Thanks all, sorry if my initial explanation wasn't 100% clear, but Lairdb figured out the dive log number order I was trying to convey. I was afraid that it might duplicate log numbers, but was hoping someone might have actually done this on their Teric and could confirm. I was hoping that maybe the software code had logic built in not to make duplicate log numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom