Teric charging mat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I need to be able to charge two Terics simultaneously with one charging mat. Is this doable? Any suggestions?

I need to be able to charge two Terics simultaneously with one charging mat. Is this doable? Any suggestions?

I don't think so but pop Shearwater a message. They are supper good about getting back to customer queries.

Also FYI I know that in a pinch you can charge a Teric on a regular phone wireless charging mat but I don't know how good this is for the battery long term.

Out of curiosity, why not a multiple USB charger?

Out of curiosity, why not a multiple USB charger?
That's too obvious. I like to charge them simultaneously so I need both Teric chargers. Trying to save space. One mat to charge all!

From Shearwater:

"Thanks for getting in touch.
While most third party QI chargers will work, we don't have the ability to test them all and therefore have chosen not to endorse any of them. We have adopted a policy of not recommending anything except the original Shearwater chargers for use with our computers.
It is important to make sure the Teric does not get too hot when using a third party option."

I'm sticking with the original charger.

From Shearwater:

"Thanks for getting in touch.
While most third party QI chargers will work, we don't have the ability to test them all and therefore have chosen not to endorse any of them. We have adopted a policy of not recommending anything except the original Shearwater chargers for use with our computers.
It is important to make sure the Teric does not get too hot when using a third party option."

I'm sticking with the original charger.

Thanks shearwater. But how hot is "too hot"? My teric gets pretty hot in the shearwater charger.

And maybe shearwater should change their web page FAQs if they have now changed their position on 3rd party Qi chargers. They specifically recommend a T511 Choetech.

Sounds like they may not have
this figured out, perhaps it's the cause of all the bad batteries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom