Teric bungee adapter question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamby66

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I came across this Suunto bungee adapter kit
Amazon.com: Suunto EON Core Bungee Adapter Kit: Sports & Outdoors

for their EON computers. has anyone upgraded from an EON to a Teric that would be able to tell me if this kit would work for the TERIC as well?

I would much prefer to have a redundant bungee system then a band, especially if I can add a barrel cold lock for adjustment (like I do with my perdix).

Any help would be appreciated

what he said ^ - the Teric is big round watch sized - the Core like a skinny paperback.

If anything maybe one of the SK compass mounts might be able to be modified to work.

I've never seen one but a mount for a Zoop might be about the right size.

After Deep Sea Supply finishes relocating maybe Tobin will offer one - they sell several for other round oversized compasses/computers.

Last edited:
I ask because they both use 22mm watch bands.i know the eon is a TON bigger, but want to be able to put it on with dry gloves on, and the current band is not very friendly for this.

For other computers people will cut the straps short, make holes in the remaining bit and then thread the bungee through.

Rather defeats the point of a watch style computer though. I suspect the bungee adaptor is called a Perdix.

Given that the Teric uses screw bars to hold the straps in place, you could remove the straps and use the bars to hold loops of bungee in place. This is what I do (and have done for several years) with my Oceanic Geo 2.0. It's not pretty but it works.

I ask because they both use 22mm watch bands.i know the eon is a TON bigger, but want to be able to put it on with dry gloves on, and the current band is not very friendly for this.

I put on my watch computer before I put my dry gloves on...

I think I need to change the way I do my gloves. This would solve a bunch of problems. I have dui zip gloves so they are attached :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom