Teric: Ascent rate alarm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scrane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Quick question about the Teric. Can the Teric give a vibration alert if the safe ascent rate is exceeded? My hearing is such that everyone hears my computers' auditory alarms but me. I sometimes need a reminder to take my time on the way up.
Thanks.

yes....you can choose settings for visual, vibration and beeping for alerts and alarms.

Specifically for ascent rate? Do you have first hand knowledge on this. My decision to purchase a Teric hinges on this issue. Thanks again.

Specifically for ascent rate? Do you have first hand knowledge on this. My decision to purchase a Teric hinges on this issue. Thanks again.
I'm not sure there is ANY alarm for ascent rate, just a visual alert of what it is, colored to indicate severity.
upload_2019-9-12_14-11-46.png

I'm not sure there is ANY alarm for ascent rate, just a visual alert of what it is, colored to indicate severity.
View attachment 539733

Pp 83 of the manual. There is an alert if you exceed 10m/33 ft per min ascent rate. I have found the arrows more than sufficient warning but the alert is there.

Thanks, I didread the manual, but it didn't seem to answer my $1,100 question.

Yes, that's my question. Thanks.

Thanks, I didread the manual, but it didn't seem to answer my $1,100 question.

Yes, that's my question. Thanks.

Posted it above but to ensure it does not get lost, look on pg 83 of the manual, lists alerts, specific one for ascent rate above 10 meters/min.

Pp 83 of the manual. There is an alert if you exceed 10m/33 ft per min ascent rate. I have found the arrows more than sufficient warning but the alert is there.
Excellent. Thanks. Couldn't find that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom