temptation...more 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Dived yesterday and this couple had a brand new 5050 and housing. I had decided NOT to buy one on my upcoming Feb trip, but now...I really really want one!

I need to know if I can use my current Ike strobes (2 x 50s and 1 x 150) with the housing/camera? I think maybe I can if I have a little doohickey slave controller thing? And maybe a different cord?

Any thoughts are appreciated - having to buy all new strobes when I have three on the shelf would definitely be a deal breaker unfortunately!

Post your query over on digitaldiver.net for a definitive answer. Someone there will know.

I think, but am not positive, that you will need a strobe that can ignore the pre-flash on the c5050 if you want TTL capabilities. For manual control, you can set the camera to "slave" with a slave controller.

PS I love my 5050/pt-015

alcina:
Dived yesterday and this couple had a brand new 5050 and housing. I had decided NOT to buy one on my upcoming Feb trip, but now...I really really want one!

I know you'll get some great shots on your upcoming trip. Go for it!
Lisa

Careful.....you beginning to sound like the rest of us addicted folks! :wink:

LOL - Dee...I think I passed addicted a long time ago...my clues were a whole closet dedicated to photo gear that never gets used as I find a new toy!

My trusty Canon SLR with Ike housing and strobes and a whole slew of lenses; my three Nik Vs with a few lenses; an old Sea & Sea MX10 I don't remember even owing; o-ring kits; silica packs; batteries and chargers...and this doesn't even touch the VIDEO stuff!

<sigh> Ike will probably seal the deal when I finally get around to asking him about my current strobes...more stuff...:)

Back
Top Bottom