Temporary Storage in Bangkok For Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akrecdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are going to be in SE Asia for diving and motorcycle touring. We need secure temporary storage in Bangkok for our dive kits. We can't use a hotel because we will not be spending a lot of time in Bangkok - doubt they will store gear for non-patrons. We really do not want to transport our dive gear up-country. I'm fine with commercial storage, but haven't located anything I'm comfortable with on the internet. I searched the Forum, and found a similar request from a poster a couple years ago, but no real information. Bankok is logical choice since that will be point of departure. We will be arriving March 27th and departing the April 24th. We will be out of Phuket from the 5th of April through April 13th. Any information or ideas steering me in the right direction would be much appreciated. The key is secure, and hopefully close to the international airport. If you don't want to post here, please PM me.

Thanks,
akrecdiver:goingdown:

My wife and I are going to be in SE Asia for diving and motorcycle touring. We need secure temporary storage in Bangkok for our dive kits. We can't use a hotel because we will not be spending a lot of time in Bangkok - doubt they will store gear for non-patrons. We really do not want to transport our dive gear up-country. I'm fine with commercial storage, but haven't located anything I'm comfortable with on the internet. I searched the Forum, and found a similar request from a poster a couple years ago, but no real information. Bankok is logical choice since that will be point of departure. We will be arriving March 27th and departing the April 24th. We will be out of Phuket from the 5th of April through April 13th. Any information or ideas steering me in the right direction would be much appreciated. The key is secure, and hopefully close to the international airport. If you don't want to post here, please PM me.

Thanks,

Answered my own question. From what I understand the "left luggage" at Bangkok isn't that secure. They won't accept valuables or electronics. Although it sounds like a great place to store backpacks and luggage that don't contain valuables. I have attached a link to a self storage company in Bangkok, that has private lockers on a secure site. It looks like it will serve my needs well. I hope this information is useful to others.

Welcome to Bangkok Self Storage :: Thailand

I have left bags at the BKK airport left luggage facility on numerous occasions and have never had a problem. Of course I'm not going to leave a laptop or jewelry or a camera or any other easily-fenced item in the luggage, but for dive gear, I see very little risk. If you're worried about relatively compact items like a dive computer or even your regs, just carry those with you and leave the bulky stuff in left luggage.

If you do decide to store your property in the facility you have given the link for, make sure you have a good half-day available between your arrival at BKK airport from Phuket and your onward flight. This storage facility is quite some distance from the airport.

Thanks,
MY-STORAGE-Self-Storage.jpg

Dear Akrediver,

Your trip sound like a dream vacation, pretty much did the same early 2000 after which we decided to moved to Thailand and have made Phuket our base for the last 6 years.

Not a bad place if you are into nature with the possibilities of yachting and diving presented in this region.
About a year ago my wife and I opened up a Self Storage facility at Jungceylon Shopping Center in Patong, Phuket. Its called MY STORAGE and we offer all types of storage be it for households or businesses. Units sizes are from 1 m3 lockers up to 25 m2 drive up units, you can rent daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. It has proved to be quite popular among both recreational divers and professionals keeping all types of equipment and belongings with us. We are open 7 days a week and with a convenient location, Patong being the hub of Phuket, most visitors surly will pass by. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would require any further information.
Safe travels and enjoy!!

Robert Akerblom | Facility Manager
MY STORAGE - Secure, Clean & Cost Effective Self Storage
Jungceylon Shopping Center
181 Rat-u-thit 200 Phee Road,
Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150
Thailand

T: +66 (0) 76 29 29 09
F: +66 (0) 76 29 29 10
M: +66 (0) 85 060 0033
E: robert@mystorageasia.com
W: www.mystorageasia.com

Coordinates: 7°53'23"N 98°17'53"E

View attachment 118890

Dear Akrediver,

Your trip sound like a dream vacation, pretty much did the same early 2000 after which we decided to moved to Thailand and have made Phuket our base for the last 6 years.

Not a bad place if you are into nature with the possibilities of yachting and diving presented in this region.
About a year ago my wife and I opened up a Self Storage facility at Jungceylon Shopping Center in Patong, Phuket. Its called MY STORAGE and we offer all types of storage be it for households or businesses. Units sizes are from 1 m3 lockers up to 25 m2 drive up units, you can rent daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. It has proved to be quite popular among both recreational divers and professionals keeping all types of equipment and belongings with us. We are open 7 days a week and with a convenient location, Patong being the hub of Phuket, most visitors surly will pass by. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would require any further information.
Safe travels and enjoy!!

Robert Akerblom | Facility Manager
MY STORAGE - Secure, Clean & Cost Effective Self Storage
Jungceylon Shopping Center
181 Rat-u-thit 200 Phee Road,
Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150
Thailand

T: +66 (0) 76 29 29 09
F: +66 (0) 76 29 29 10
M: +66 (0) 85 060 0033
E: robert@mystorageasia.com
W: www.mystorageasia.com

Coordinates: 7°53'23"N 98°17'53"E

Talking about a long way from Bangkok :)

If you need storage on Phuket, I'm sure the DC you're diving with will be happy to help you out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom