Temporary job in the field of underwater science/conservation - where to look?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ginti

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

this message may sound silly... but trying is free, so here am I

Because I am finalizing a PhD in acoustical engineering, I would like to understand if there are any possibilities for a temporary job in a scientific/conservationist field where I can dive a lot - for when I finish the PhD.

I don't want to restrict my options to acoustic engineering; I want to also consider:
- other scientific fields where my background may be useful
- activities that are not strictly science-related, again, where my background may be useful
In other words, I would like to understand what options exist out there.

Where would you suggest to start?

If anyone here in the forum is looking for a person with a background like mine, please leave a message!

Cheers :)

You should definitely contact professor Henrik Schmidt. MECHE PEOPLE: Henrik Schmidt | MIT Department of Mechanical Engineering
His group is working on an actual underwater worldwide GPS system that will directly have benefits for scuba divers. It's still in research, but if they get this right....it will be a total game changer for divers. If you get the job, just remember to keep some of in mind!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom