Temperature reading stuck on Mares Quad Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I was checking on my gear and getting reading for the upcoming season and noticed that turning on my Mares Quad Air computer that it was stuck on 32 degrees for temp. reading for some reason. I keep my gear in a cool dry area when it's not in use and it's never anywhere near 32 degrees. The current temp was much higher than 32 degrees.

I suspect it's something that my LDS Mares dealer can fix or I may have to send it back to Mares for repair. It may be a sensor issue and may not read depth correctly either.

I've had it for about 2 years now and really like how it works.

Has anyone else had this type of issue.

My Quad Air also seemed to have the same water temperature for the past 20 to 30 dives but it was a reasonable number so I wasn't too concerned. It does report the correct air temperature. BUT, last weekend it did not register depth (so no dive time, decompression obligation, etc.), it just reported tank pressure. I will dive it today and let you know if it works.

Thanks for the reply. I had to send mine back to the factory, it was defective. If it breaks down again, I'm going to switch to a Shearwater Teric. It's some $$$$ for sure, but it has a bright display for my eyes on a dive that would really come in handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom