Temperature of Kingfisher pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at the log book...

At the beginning of May it was 50F at depth. At the beginning of July 70-74F, depending on depth. Probably a little cooler at the bottom, ~30ft.

g

The ice should be thawing in March. :wink:

Need a dive buddy? I'm open this week and would love to scuttle around in the mud.

g

The ice has been gone for about two weeks now. I can't find in my log what the temperature is in mid to late March. 50 degrees is about my limit to enjoy a dive. We may have to wait until April.

Oi!

Perhaps I've been thinking that the gravel ponds are actually Kingfisher.

Regarding the temp, my guess is that there is a still a strong thermocline and the deeper parts may be 39.2F for some time to come. It would still be a fun dive... I'm game, any weekend.

g2,
You're right, the gravel ponds where the local shops conduct classes is Kingfisher pond. I didn't actually dive to get the temperature, I asked the fire department guys who were there conducting some training. I never ran into a thermocline there. The pond is only about 22 ft deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom