Temp readings please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed to Brac in a few weeks....I do not wear neoprene, so I like to know surface water temps and also at say 60’ please....anyone?

I usually Dive in shorts and a rash shirt, but I do have a pair of Sharkskin pants I can bring if temps require such.

TIA,

It was 80-82 when I left LC end of December. You'll probably see 79-80 but you can call the 800 reservation number and ask for the Reef Divers Brac email and check with them the week before. I was wearing a 3mil with Lavacore hooded vest and was getting chilly as the week went on.

FWIW, I checked my dive log and for the past three years during February the water temp at depth in Grand Cayman was between 79 and 81. And there is maybe 1 to 2 degree difference, surface to depth. I assume LC and Brac have about the same water temps. I always dive a 5mm regardless of the temps here. Nice and toasty.

Maybe we should take our 7mils ?

Maybe we should take our 7mils ?
Please do so the sharks see you as a seal and me as an undesirable piece of meat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom