Temeratures and exposure suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am new to the area of scuba diving, and I have a question. For what temeratures would one recommend different types of dry/wetsuits(and hoods). I know the general temperatures that each one is good for, but I don't have the experience so I don't know which is better. I live in Massachusetts, and so the water is still chilly in spring and summer, around 60 degrees, and can go higher as the summer progresses. I am asking this because there is a Dacor Mens Metalcore 2pc 7mm wetsuit on sale at diversdirect.com for $100. It sounds like a good deal, but I don't want the be too hot so I was thinking of a 2pc 3mm wetsuit or something of the sorts, any recomendations would be greatly appriciated.

Well it is a really personal choice as to what works for you, but hoods, one piece suits, two piece, gloves, boots and dry suits are the main elements. These can be combined to allow for the changing conditions that are experienced as we travel and dive.

I personally have found that my diving is much more fun with a hood, it reduces the loss of heat by a massive %, that I now dive every dive with a hood, and I'm mainly diving 28-30C tropical waters.

I use a 3mm short suit with an optional full length 1mm P2 suit that I put under my 3mm when the day is colder or for the late afternoon and night dives.

Booties always and gloves rarely.

Not sure which way to go, look at the other divers you dive with what do they wear and are they cold or hot, are they comfortable? Comfort is the key.

Sounded like a deal, found same one on another web site for $375.
I'll be using it as soon as I get it. I'll let you know

This sounds like a good price for a 7mil. Does anyone know if this is a decent quality wetsuit? I'd like to order one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom