Telling a Henderson Male from Female wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougK

Contributor
Reaction score
Question for those familiar to Henderson wet suits: I had the opportunity to pick up a wetsuit just before going through a divorce. It was one of the items that did not get separated properly and I never actually got to use it. I have now located it but, ex-wife is thinking it might be hers, but she gave up diving a while back. Her logic is it has a woman's photo on the tags that are not attached but still in the bag that goes with it. This is Titanium Hyperstretch.

The only clues I have to offer is the label, and keep in mind this might be from the dive shop itself, but it is listed as Hend 3M HS XL Jumpsuit and has this code WS HB30MB-44-IL.

Is there anyway from this code to tell if its a mans or a womans? Does the photo on the tag come universal or is it indicating its a womans?

We are roughly the same size and always bought matching colors so it is not as obvious as you might think. I am taller than ex and I did try it on and it fits, however it just seems tight in the neck. Its been close to 2 years since I last saw it. Looks never used.

DK

Contact Henderson maybe? Nothing obvious between my girlfriends Henderson and mine. Hers is not marked with a QOC number that I can find, but has a size W1... but mine has one that has a WNXXXXXX number inside, and is marked size XL. We no longer have the tags.

Here are a few tricks. first look at the size. Men's suits are labeled with a letter ( xs -xxl ) ladies suits have a number ( 2 - 16 ). Or lay the suit on its back fold the suit so that the crotch is across the arm pits, if the suit is about an inch or so wider it is a man's suit, more than a couple of inches its a ladies. Or look at the front stitching, usually there is a main panel and side panels. if the stitching makes a y it is a man's suit if it is shaped like a hourglass ladies.

If it goes out in the chest it is a ladies. If it goes out in the belly it is for guys. If it goes out all over, it is unisex.

Seriously, unless your ex is your size and you could wear each others clothing, surely just (attempting) trying it on would identify.

If you split all the seams getting it on, send it to her and apologize, guess it was yours after all honey.

N

Thanks everyone, the suit inside is marked XL, not a number, and I did all the tests (crotch to chest) and it looks as if its a mens. After looking at the Hend site, i see if it was a ladies it would indeed be a number. That female photo on the tag threw both of us off.

Good deal because it was something I paid good money for and never used. My weight is still the same so it fits, only seems a little tight in the neck, so I will be using it very soon.

I read the implication that if was for her to wear she wanted it.

He also said she'd given up diving awhile back. I've been down this road before.... things aren't always rational or fair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom