Tell me about your LX-10 Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburdick1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I have been shooting photos and video with a few different setups now, most recently a GoPro and a pair of BigBlue 4200 video lights. However, the GoPro takes crappy photos (putting it nicely) and though i have a macro adapter for it, it's not very good.

I've been all over the Backscatter and Blue Water websites and now I'm considering a few different compact cameras, one being the LX10. I am curious as to what you have for your LX-10 setups. Accessory lenses? Strobes? Video Lights?

Please, brag about your rig, I'll listen and tell you how awesome it is.

I have a "retired" LX-10 in a Nauticam housing (I'm now using a Sony a6400).

I have tried a few different wet lenses for wide angle and think that the WWL-C is probably the best. However, be aware that due to the way the LX-10 lens zoom works, it is only good from 32mm-72mm (35mm equiv. focal length) without vignetting. At 32mm with the WWL-C, it is still wider than the native lens at 24mm. Somewhere I have pool photos that compare them all.

I've used BigBlue VTL 8000 video lights and also the Inon S2000 strobes using optical cables.

I'd say the "plus" of the LX-10 is the size / form factor and the white balance. It is also a pretty good lens.

With the WWL-C, I've been able to take some pretty good wide angle shots. I'm not much of a macro shooter, but I've also been able to get some decent macro type pictures of nudis, etc.

I've attached a wide angle photo taken with the LX-10 and the WWL-C (ambient light).

- brett

Attachments

• USSHogan.jpg
    USSHogan.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 143
Cool, thanks for your reply. I've decided to try the Olympus TG-6. It doesn't offer as much manual control as I would like, but it may do the job.

Sure thing. I know a lot of people are really happy with the TG-6. It seems like a good all-around camera. Good luck!

- brett

Back
Top Bottom