Tell me about this please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here is a wind up bottom timer that was in a bag of goodies I got for free.
Can someone please tell me what year span these were made and if they are considered vintage or not.
Thank you.

BTW it works perfectly.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 358
Those things are awesome!
I wanted one so bad when I saw one in 1978 or so at Divers Unlimited in Hollywood Florida.
My Mother insisted that I get a RIDDELL football helmet with my paper route, aluminum recycling money instead.
I still have the helmet, but I would still be using that bottom timer I think if I had one. The helmet is out in my garage somewhere.

Chug
Did not make it to the NFL, and only mildly brain damaged due to the RIDDELL helmet.

Introduced to the diving market in 1981==NOT in late 1970s
Three models:
A) BT 400 Bottom timer
B) BT 300 Bottom timer
C) BT 200 Bottom timer

BT 400 Bottom timer==== $64.95
Luminous dial sweep second hand
Altitude adjustment
For the serious diver

BT 300 Bottom timer==== $61.95
Altitude adjustment
Dial face Colors
Black
Blue
Orange

BT 200 Bottom timer==== $58.95
For the casual diver
Dial face Colors
Black
Blue
Orange

Produced by Princeton electronics
US Route 130
East Windsor N.J.

Eric, Now you know more about Bottom Timers than 99% of the people on this board

You can collect all the vintage - antique equipment but it you don't have access to a catalog you only have items of curiosity, some would go so far as to call it junk.

SDM

I do NOT think your time is right on that. I am pretty sure my buddy and I got them in 1976 or 1977.. doubt it was as late as '78. Not sure what model..

I have one of these that a friend of mine gave me when he gave up diving. He was certified in the mid to late 80s so they were still being made/sold at the time.

Back
Top Bottom