Tek3 right and left side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it obvious which one is the right and left side ?

The rubber diagrams sides face inwards towards each other and the hoses go downwards

The rubber diagrams sides face inwards towards each other and the hoses go downwards
Thanks.

Is it mostly cosmetic and maybe slightly worse for hoses or does it have any effect if you ‘invert’ them ?

Thanks.

Is it mostly cosmetic and maybe slightly worse for hoses or does it have any effect if you ‘invert’ them ?

the hoses go up it's REALLY bad and they're bending in all sorts of wrong directions so they need to be down or down-ish. You can angle them a bit, but not a whole lot. If you swap them so the diaphragm is out, the regs don't care, but your HP hose will be on the inside of the LP hoses which have to cross over

If you swap them they have a little bit wider profile which may affect your operating valves etc. slightly. Also the diagrams less protected that way.

If you are really worried about hose routing you can swap one of the 1st stages to DST with 5th port so that either the wing inflator hose or the backup 2nd hose are less bent. Though if wanting small profile the Tek3 still preferred

Thanks @tbone1004 @almostDIR

I checked, if I inverted, the HP hose would be on the inside so it’s definitely better to use them as intended (as you both said)

I noticed like @almostDIR said that the backup second hose gets quite bent, not sure if this has any practical consequence

If the alternate 2nd uses miflex hose I would not worry too much. I personalle use ds4 on the left post and it also has these alternate2nd hose bending issues but I use miflex hose on that even when all the other hoses are normal rubber

@BlueTrin expedited wear on the hoses that cross *on the right post it's the LPI, on the left post it's the secondary*. It's part of the reason I don't like them for use in backmount. They're fine for stage/deco bottles, but not the best solution for doubles. Since they go straight down, ALL hoses are bend unnecessarily, especially on 8" diameter tanks. Not a fan of that reg in general....

If you want the best doubles regulators for you, I'd get Apeks DST's with the 5th port adapter on both of them. Spits out the secondary and LPI in the right direction, lets the primary swivel if you have to donate, and gives the drysuit hose some wiggle room to move where it wants to.

If the alternate 2nd uses miflex hose I would not worry too much. I personalle use ds4 on the left post and it also has these alternate2nd hose bending issues but I use miflex hose on that even when all the other hoses are normal rubber
I use rubber so I angle the stage to reduce the bend.

This post has the SPG and the drysuit hose so it can be angled towards the inside.

Back
Top Bottom