Teen Scuba Camp NOT on liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenschwartz

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a teen scuba camp not on a liveaboard? It may have less diving, but those catamarans seem like they might get a bit small after 3 weeks. Perhaps such a amp would also be a tiny bit less money. Checking into this, over 5000 for 3 weeks without airfare gets pretty pricey.

Thanks,

Steve

Take a look at Sea Camp in the Florida Keys, I believe that they offer some scuba camps that are based out of Big Pine Key...

Thanks guys - we decided to go for one of the liveaboard ones for our 13 year old son.. I want to grow up and be him.

Steven,

You seem to be under the impression that you spend three weeks out on a boat. There is so much more. We anchor every night off a different island to explore. There are field trips into the rainforests and to Mayan city sites thousands of years old. The boat is only a vehicle to get to where things are happening.

David Muncher, Director
Water Planet Adventures Teen Scuba and Sailing Programs

Steven,
I'm with you! My son is going to Sail Caribbean in Tortola for three weeks on their Charlie program. Looks like a fair amount of quality diving, [lus he is a fairly competitive sailor back home. I'm going to come back as one of my kids!
Henry

You know, I would say we spoil them, but they are great kids. We just have far more resources available than our parents. My son's older sister spent many a summer traveling as an almost pro ballet dancer - her passion. Now it is his turn. The only thing I hope is that they can do similar things for their kids some day.

I wanted to revive this thread because I wanted to add one more thing about the value of the Scuba and Sailing camps. I've been a camper and now run the BVI sailing program for ActionQuest, a teen adventure program that trains from Open Water to Divemaster in the BVI, Australia, Galapagos, Tahiti, and Mediterranean (this year in Thailand!).

I think these types of programs offer such a great way for teens to learn the hard skills of sailing and diving as well as the soft skills they gain from living with others and doing it on their own. We just surveyed our alumni from the last 30 years and the results were pretty impressive in our eyes - over 98% still use skills they learned with us today, 96% increased self confidence, 87% helped define future goals.

Enough of the sales pitch! That's not my intention, but I do believe that what we do is so incredible, especially when it's based on a passion for the water!

Julia Riddle
Operational Director, British Virgin Islands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom