TECLINE Peanut 16(35lbs) or 21(46lbs)? which size ? please help :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mako24

Registered
Reaction score
Hello divers! please can anyone advice?

16kg/35lbs or 21kg/46lbs ?

16kg/35lbs: T12363 - TRAVEL SET Ultra Light (alu BP "H") - weight 2,79 kg
21kg/46lbs: T12440 - TRAVEL SET Ultra Light (alu BP "H") - weight 3,20 kg

16 kg Link: "Peanut 21" - "TRAVEL" "Comfort" set
16 kg Link: "Peanut 16" Travel SET light / ultra light

I am helping my girldfriend to choose the right setup, therefore the set up is for a 170 cm, 68 Kg person, diving in ONLY tropical conditions, 5 mm wetsuit, 12 or 15 liter tanks, Mares Avanti Quattro fins, weight in pockets lets's say maybe maximum 4 Kgs?

Is the 16 Kg/35lbs enough?

Thank You! :)

Look at these instead

Look at these instead
...Huh??

Look at these instead
I agree. I have the 17lt one. I dive similar conditions with what OP describes for his GF although I am quite bigger. 15lt would be fine too (it is considered by most people as the "normal" size) and even 13kg should be ok for his GF
Keep in mind that the weight pockets are let's say a bit strange - too much material for the job, hence I ended up removing them and use just normal weight belt instead.

I agree. I have the 17lt one. I dive similar conditions with what OP describes for his GF although I am quite bigger. 15lt would be fine too (it is considered by most people as the "normal" size) and even 13kg should be ok for his GF
Keep in mind that the weight pockets are let's say a bit strange - too much material for the job, hence I ended up removing them and use just normal weight belt instead.

Thank You for your feedback stepfen, so the below set up is quite enough i understand....and yes weight pocket probably are not needed, trim pockets on bottle or weight betlet

Hello guys

Happy new year to all of you.

Concerning the Peanuts Techline, I will let you know my feelings about the 13 Vs 16.
I am a male
Diving in Tropical places since 14 years now
Using 5 or 7 even 12 mm wetsuit (yes it's true but it's not the debate here of what I need to use in semi-tropical hot water :wink: )
Size : 1.74
Kg : 70 kg

I am using donuts for 4 years, and all wings shape from aqualung wave to scuba pro, even having fro traveling the lightest on the market from aqualung Rogue ( don't simply buy this BCD except if you plan to dive 3 dives per year)

Concerning the Peanuts system, the difference is HUGE. First, on the surface, you are very high and it's supra comfortable compared to the donut version. Second, the space for the Reg is also a very nice upgrade.
The pocket weight around the tanks is also good but you can also be attached on the backplate ( i saw a diver doing this, i tried and its helps to be more horizontal but better to focus near the tanks)

The size: 13L
This is clearly a mistake except if you are using a top or 3 mm and not carrying heavy stuff, no buoyancy on the surface, too light, and nearly always empty. I believe Technline prepared this one for Little men or teenagers.

The 16 L is for me a perfect balanced between 3 5 and 12 mm with a maximum of 4 kg on the backplate to keep the stream correct.
I am usually having a lot ( too much) of underwater equipment with me such as 2 lights, 2 strobes, 1 housing, 1 plate, safety buoy, lamp, etc... so with all this equipment, in a drifting situation, the 16L is simply amazing.

I am wondering why in tropical places you can find the 21. This is for Big guys ONLY, and for the drysuit owners/divers. The volume is SUPRA big and not nice on tropical warm water.

Hope I helped with this little intro on peanuts Kevlar that i highly recommend.

Hello divers! please can anyone advice?

16kg/35lbs or 21kg/46lbs ?

21kg/46lbs: T12440 - TRAVEL SET Ultra Light (alu BP "H") - weight 3,20 kg

16 kg Link: "Peanut 21" - "TRAVEL" "Comfort" set
16 kg Link: "Peanut 16" Travel SET light / ultra light

I am helping my girldfriend to choose the right setup, therefore the set up is for a 170 cm, 68 Kg person, diving in ONLY tropical conditions, 5 mm wetsuit, 12 or 15 liter tanks, Mares Avanti Quattro fins, weight in pockets lets's say maybe maximum 4 Kgs?

Is the 16 Kg/35lbs enough?

Thank You! :)

The 10 is more than enough and less bulky

I agree. 10 is perfect for tropical diving. I don't know why everyone thinks they need these hung manta looking taco wings for single tank tropical diving. a 16kg or 21kg is WAY to big.

I dive a Argonaut 18# wing (smaller then the 10) and it works perfect also amazing for travel, rolls up into a ball the size of a shoe box.

Back
Top Bottom