Technical Training Recommendations for Cozumel (or Playa, or Tulum, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Thinking about taking a couple/few months off next year to get formal technical training. Since I lived in the Riviera Maya before, I was thinking Cozumel or Playa or Tulum, but would be open to other locations in the area if it is the right choice.

My idea is to take the full range of tech courses in open circuit. I'm doing some research and am currently oriented towards GUE, but would take a TDI shop. So I'm looking for recommendations and advice.

Thinking about taking a couple/few months off next year to get formal technical training. Since I lived in the Riviera Maya before, I was thinking Cozumel or Playa or Tulum, but would be open to other locations in the area if it is the right choice.

My idea is to take the full range of tech courses in open circuit. I'm doing some research and am currently oriented towards GUE, but would take a TDI shop. So I'm looking for recommendations and advice.

What kind of technical dives do you want to do? You'll likely have better results if you define your goals in terms of specific types of dives, then acquire the skills and knowledge to successfully make those dives. There are many, many technical dive courses, you're not going to do the 'full range' of open circuit courses in a few months.

At this time, I'd be more interested in wrecks than in caves. And of course just diving deeper and staying longer. When I said full range, I guess I just meant AN/DP and Trimix. I've been doing no deco dives in doubles for some time now.

i was not even aware there was a lot of wreck diving down thataway

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom