Technical Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stimpy4242

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
When i click the q-reply button it takes me to the bottom of the screen to the q-reply box, but then nearly instantly redirects me to the advanced page with the person's reply who I pressed q-reply on quoted. Any suggestions?

Pressing the Q-Reply button will take you to the bottom of the page. Nothing else.

Pressing the Q-Reply button will take you to the bottom of the page. Nothing else.

Gosh I don't meant to be annoying, but I wouldn't have posted if thats what it did for me. When I press the q button, like I did just now for you it took me to the advanced reply and quoted your last message. So, lets work from there...why do you think this is happening?

It could be anything from PEBCAK to an undocumented feature of vBulletin. At least, it's something I haven't heard of before.

What kind of browser do you use? What kind of OS? Does it occur on all posts or only in specific forums?

Must be something specific to your browser, I just tried it using IE 7.06 running on Vista and it works fine. Try deleting your browser cache and restarting IE. Might even restart Vista to be sure.

El Orans I am able to hit Thanks and it posts but nothing happens when I click on any of other three quote, m-quote, and q-reply nothing happens. Am I supposed to do something else?

What browser add-ons are either of you currently running?

Go to this menu in IE7 to find out:

Tools->Manage Add-ons->Enable/Disable Add-ons.

I'm pretty certain you have to have Adobe's Shockwave Flash Object installed and running since it appears that the .vbulletin s/w might spawn the edit window that way. I've noticed that when I first load IE, Flash isn't running in my browser but when I load SB it enables itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom